Friday, December 11, 2009

Google Chrome Features Ad - December 11, 2009



I am in love with this ad. It's a new ad for Google Chrome representing its features in a series of short videos. In each section of the video it sort of gives you a background of how each one was made, and it's just really neat. The music and graphics give everything a childish feel, but one that makes you feel comfortable and can be taken seriously. Each section fully represents the word that its supposed to describe with my favorite being stability. It took me a few moments to get it but when I did it made me laugh. It showed 3 windows up with dominoes above each one, and the first one playing pong. The pong game has a layer of ice cover it, signifying it froze up, and the dominoes above it fall while the other two windows keep going like nothing happened. The ad is very reminiscent of Apple ads in the music and simplicity in them and are pleasing to both senses. The difference in its approach compared to other developers helps make it stand out and look unique. It also comes across as sincere and not arrogant in any way; like all they want is for us to benefit. I've gained respect for Google over the past year or so and what they're trying to do for not only the internet, but the industry as a whole and this video makes me like them even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment